Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shopping At Newbury Comics




Thursday, June 23:
Found myself with a Lone Wolf night, so I decided to finally check out Newbury Comics' flagship store in Norwood. This is supposed to be their biggest store with the best stuff & I had a pocket full of cash. I hit the road with visions of killer vintage music dancing in my head! When I pulled into the parking lot, it was ovious this was their biggest store. Oh, boy! Upon entering, I found about the same amount of music as the much smaller Natick store & a crapload of trinkets & doodads. Oh, well! There's still got to be some good vintage tunes in here. Two hours of shopping yielded 2 CDs, one of which, I don't consider vintage. It was still better than staying on the couch, but if you're looking for vintage tunes, the Natick location is definitely the place to go. Here's the 2 CDs I bought, showing my ecclectic taste in music:
Songs That Got Us Through WWII
The Runaways-The Runaways/Queens Of Noise
Now, I'll have you know, I've been a Runaways fan since I was a young buck in the 80s & I still have a crush on Cherie Currie! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment