Thursday, June 23, 2011

Headhunter & WWII Photo Album








Thursday, April 21
Well, I managed to make a couple extra bucks between Sunday & Thursday, so I headed back to Greenville, RI to pick up a couple items I had set my sights on. The first item is this cool, carved Headhunter statue. He's holding the head in one hand & his machete in the other, while straddling the torso of his unfortunate donor. haha! He fit right into the Tiki bar. The second item is one of the most amazing pieces I've ever found. It's a photo album from a serviceman who served in the Pacific Theater during World War II. It includes photos of the serviceman, his buddies, native huts, the young man posing with 2 native girls & even some sort of tribal dance that looks straight out of Gilligan's Island. The most amazing part is that I only paid $10.00 for it. I've already been contacted about loaning it to a museum in Paris to be part of an exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment