Monday, July 23, 2012

SoCal & Vegas Flashback

Are you freakin' kidding me!?!? 8" of effing snow on October 30!?!? The night before the last Amherst Flea Market of the year, October 29,  we were greeted with 8" of heavy, wet crap, downed branches & tress, & massive power outages. To say this felt like Deja Vu is an understatement. Needless to say, Amherst was cancelled, which cost me a lot of money & now I had to worry about leaving my family with no power, as I was scheduled to fly to Vegas at 7:00. Fortunately, we're on the same grid as the police station, so we got our power back quickly. I finished packing & headed out to meet my buddy, Dave, at Logan Airport. Boston didn't get the snow, so our flight was on time. We had dinner at Johnny Rocket's & boarded the plane for Vegas. We arrived in Vegas, just after 11:00 & grabbed a midnight snack at Del Taco, (Bad idea!), headed for the Orleans & hit the sack. If you've never stayed at The Orleans, you're missing one of Vegas' best kept secrets. It's off the strip, but a great hotel at a great value. The Orleans has many restaurants & bars, a movie theater, live entertainment, a bowling alley & an arena that is home to the Las Vegas Wranglers minor league hockey team. It also, now host to the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly weekend. I always rent a car, so being off the strip is no big deal to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment