Friday, October 28, 2011

No Brimfield For Me!




Thursday, September 8
This was to be the only day I could get to Brimfield, but it was not to be. I got my butt out of bed early, only to discover it was raining pretty heavy. Oh, well! I've been to Brimfield in the rain before. I was going anyway. The closer I got to Brimfield, the worse the weather got. As I was getting off the Mass Pike, my phone rang. It was my buddy, Pete, telling me not to bother. The downpours were so bad Route 20 was closed & none of the fields were open. CRAP! I turned around & headed for Stillwater Antiques in Greenville, RI. On the way, I discovered a nice little Mom & Pop eatery, DePetrillo's Pizza & Bakery in Smithfield, RI. Lunch was a great Spinach Deluxe calzone & a Dr. Pepper. There wasn't much to be had at Stillwater, just a pair of S&Ps I didn't have, but it was better than going home & feeling sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment