Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tiki-Ti Mug Arrives






Thursday, May 26
Not much of an adventurous day, but I did receive two packages today.
The first item to arrive was the Hi-Qs Hop & Bop CD I scored on ebay. A couple of years ago, I discovered the Rockabilly Revival channel on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/user/rockabillyrevival, & was I hooked! I must have watched each video a hundred times, by now! HaHa! Since then, I've been trying to add as many of the bands featured to my music library. The Hi-Qs are the latest addition & I highly recommend them.
Package number two contained my Tiki-Ti 50th Anniversary mug, personalized by my friend, Sven. He also included some swizzles, stickers & brochures, as well as, a coupla matchbooks. In case you didn't know by now, I'm Big Kahuna on Tiki Central. Tiki-Ti, http://tiki-ti.com/pages/home.html, is a small, neighborhood Tiki bar that was opened in Hollywood, in 1961, by master mixologist Ray Buhen. It is still family-owned & one of the gems of Tiki Culture. I didn't make it to Tiki-Ti on my trip to California, but you can bet I will when I return in November.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kudos on the Hi-Q's! We'll be playing at Screamin' in Spain next June.

    ReplyDelete