Thursday, July 21, 2011

Borders Closing



Saturday, May 21
Found out yesterday that the Borders near me was closing. I've bought quite a few books from them over the past 10 years & they always have the magazines I want, i.e.: Atomic Ranch, Traditional Rod & Kulture, etc. So, I thought I'd head over there for a look at the sales. There wasn't much left, but I did score this magazine rack for 20 bucks! It's gonna be perfect for displaying my collection of Vintage Speed Catalogs. It's pretty sad when I'm lamenting the closing of a mega-chain. I really wish there was a good Mom & Pop bookstore around here. I'm really sick of the Wal-Martization of America. When given a choice, I always choose the little guy, even if I have to pay 10-20% more. I get better service & I'm investing in the way America once was & should still be. Sigh! Anyway, here's a couple pics of my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment